Solely responsible for the reliable quality and cost-effective delivery of the OTT video-on-demand (VOD) product across EMEA North America and the Pacific, as well as providing support for various marketing initiatives and vendor relationships. This position covered all aspects of digital product (eCommerce, analytics, design/marketing, product strategy and development), and required both a deep technical understanding of subscription-based digital video and TV as well as the ability to communicate with both internal and external technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Horse & Country TV is a British television channel broadcasting in the UK and Ireland on satellite television on Sky 253 and online via H&C Play. H&C TV features programming about equestrianism and country lifestyle. H&C TV channel is also available across 44 million households in the US, Netherlands, Sweden, Germany and Australia. We recently launched on Amazon Channels in UK and Germany.
- Improved client service by creating easily understood technical documentation (including User Personas & User Stories)
- Reduced eCommerce involuntary churn by over 50%
- Implemented mobile-first, multi-variant Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) testing
- Enhanced internal communications with digital infrastructure (e.g. Slack, Zapier, Trello) and created a detailed step-by-step Product Support Guides to facilitate
- Developed and maintained a multi-tiered subscription eCommerce SVOD digital offer (including coupons, domain name strategy and DevOps)
- Consolidated 15 websites into a single integrated solution (for easier updates and delivered speed improvements of over 900%)
In this role, I was responsible for:
- WordPress multisite CMS and OTT platforms (structure and content) for 5 regions
- Subscriber authentication, payment gateways and friction-free eCommerce
- Microsite development and deployment
- Managing relationship with OTT vendor and evolving the service
- Global marketing support
- User Experience (UX)
- Back-end hosting and server configuration